Nature of Information
Collection of Information
Personal Information may be collected about Customers via the following means:
- Competition entry forms
- Application forms
- Websites (including in some instances cookies)
- Online transactions
- Networking functions (eg: business cards)
- Over the phone
- Credit card details via credit card purchases
- Information collected from third parties
Wherever practical, FLIX Cinemas will obtain the express consent of Customers to the collection of Personal Information. In some situations, FLIX Cinemas will interpret a Customer's actions as indicating that a Customer consents to the collection of Personal Information. This may occur where the Customer has provided Personal Information for a particular purpose and that purpose cannot be achieved without FLIX Cinemas making use of the Customer's Personal Information.
What happens if Personal Information is not provided
Where relevant, FLIX Cinemas will endeavour to make Customers aware that FLIX Cinemas may not be able to provide a proper service to them if Personal Information is not provided upon request.
MAINTENANCE AND MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Who may view Personal Information
In general, only officers, employees or contractors of FLIX Cinemas may view Personal Information.
FLIX Cinemas will only grant access to parties other than FLIX Cinemas's officers, employees and contractors to view Personal Information where FLIX Cinemas believes that access is necessary to achieve the purpose for which the Personal Information was collected.
FLIX Cinemas will only disclose Personal Information to parties other than FLIX Cinemas' officers, employees and contractors if:
- 1. That disclosure is required to give effect to the purposes for which FLIX Cinemas collected the Personal Information.
- 2. The Customer has consent to that disclosure.
- 3. FLIX Cinemas believes that the disclosure may lessen a risk of harm to the health or safety of any person.
- 4. FLIX Cinemas believes an unlawful activity is being undertaken and the Personal Information is disclosed as part of FLIX Cinemas's investigation into this activity.
- 5. FLIX Cinemas is required by law to disclose the Personal Information.
- 6. The disclosure is required for the enforcement of a criminal law or a law imposing a pecuniary penalty or for the protection of public revenue.
Updating Personal Information
FLIX Cinemas regularly monitors the quality and accuracy of Personal Information that it maintains and where practical, updates that information on a regular basis. Customers can update their Personal Information at any time by contacting us.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS COOKIES
We track the Internet address of the domains from which people visit us and analyze this data for trends and statistics.
Our web pages use "cookies" such as but not limited to the Google Analytics or Google advertising cookies to understand and serve you better.
A user can set on their browser to notify when you are sent a cookie, giving you the option to decide whether or not to accept it. The information we collect and analyze is used to improve our service
To opt out of the Google Analytics please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS DOCUMENT